4 packages AYO peach yogurt
4 popsicle sticks
8 fresh peaches, peeled and cut into thick wedges, about 12 wedges per peach
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups AP Flour
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
12 tablespoons butter, frozen
½ cup boiling water
2 fresh peaches, thinly sliced
- Before starting the recipe freeze the mixing bowl of the ice cream attachment overnight.
- Add AYO yogurt to the frozen mixing bowl. Churn with the mixer on medium speed until it becomes creamy. Add yogurt to popsicle mold and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, ¼ cup white sugar, ¼ cup dark brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, water, and cornstarch. Toss to coat evenly and pour into baking dish. Let sit for 10 minutes. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a cheese grater, grate butter into bowl, mix with a fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in boiling water until just combined.
- Remove peaches from oven and drop the small scoops of dough over them. This recipe makes a lot of crust so drop them close together. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately using circle dough tops as guides for servings.
- Remove popsicles from freezer and place on top of hot cobbler. Garnish with fresh peach slices and enjoy!
Chef Ayo Cherry original recipe