2 cups flour(all-purpose, spelt, white whole wheat or combo)
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon mineral salt
¾ cup organic pure cane or turbinado sugar
1 cup AYO Blueberry yogurt
⅓ cup olive oil (or fruit infused olive oil: lemon or orange)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ – 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
a few extra blueberries
sprinkle of cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a 2-cup measuring cup, add the yogurt, sugar, oil and vanilla, stir to combine a few times to help soften the large grains of sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine wet & dry: Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix, overmixing the batter tends to make the muffins less tender.
- Add blueberries, tossing in the fresh or frozen blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Fill each muffin lined hole with batter. For uniformity, fill muffin tin using a ¼ measuring cup or large ice cream scooper to scoop up the batter and pour into the muffin holes. Optionally, add a few blueberries on top and sprinkle the top with a little pure cane sugar or raw sugar. The sugar will add a nice crunch to the tops!
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centers and comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 muffins
Adapted from https://simple-veganista.com/vegan-blueberry-muffins/